Twitter is a great way to stay connected with people, trends, and topics that are relevant to your business. Twitter works best if you have a large and robust audience. Here are some quick and easy ways to build your audience. For a refresher on Twitter basics, see our Twitter glossary
1. Complete your Twitter bio and add a picture. No one wants to follow an egg.
2. Find your LinkedIn connections on Twitter and follow them.
3. Follow people with similar interests, then follow their followers.
4. Post content you find interesting and relevant. Do it on a regular basis — including weekends!
5. Retweet and favorite others’ tweets.
6. Participate in Twitter chats, where you join a hosted conversation organized around a unique hashtag.
7. Live-tweet industry events, football games, or concerts. Participate in the real-time conversation by using the event’s hashtag.
8. Mix in your personality by following and retweeting your favorite teams, athletes, and celebrities.
Putnam Retail Management.