I sat down with Putnam’s Senior Market Strategist Chris Galipeau on his latest “Active Insights” podcast to talk about the fluidity of the situation in Congress in regard to taxes.
We went over a lot of topics! Some highlights:
- The current situation in Washington
- The latest on tax and spending proposals
- Potential changes to tax law, including capital gains
- How estate planning may change under proposed rules
- Strategies to mitigate the impact of rising tax liabilities
- Key planning ideas for end-of-year tax-planning discussions
- Changes to the SALT (state and local tax) deduction
- Possible limits on stepped-up cost basis rules
For informational purposes only. Not an investment recommendation.
This information is not meant as tax or legal advice. Please consult with the appropriate tax or legal professional regarding your particular circumstances before making any investment decisions. Putnam does not provide tax or legal advice.