Retirement solutions for every client
That is a question you probably hear all the time. Fortunately, there are a number of ways for individuals, sole proprietors, and small-business owners to build retirement plans that work as hard as they do.
Putnam can help you and your clients take full advantage of these tax-sheltered plans. The resources you’ll find here will give you the tools you need to find and close new business, and help your existing clients plan for their retirement.
Business retirement plans
Do you have clients who are small-business owners or sole proprietors? Putnam delivers retirement plans that can help them and their employees save and invest.
- SEP IRA — A simple, inexpensive retirement plan that permits generous contributions.
- SIMPLE IRA — An affordable and flexible retirement plan for companies with fewer than 100 employees.
- Individual 401(k) — A plan that allows significant contributions to retirement savings plus higher levels of salary deferrals than Traditional, Roth, or SEP plans.
- Small Business 401(k) — A web-based plan that offers several design options, high contribution limits, and tax advantages for both employers and employees.
Individual retirement plans
Putnam offers IRAs to enable hard-working individuals to plan for a secure retirement.
- Traditional IRA — A simple and convenient way to save for retirement while reducing current taxes.
- Roth IRA — A Roth IRA conversion is a smart way to create a tax-free income stream in retirement.
Non-profit organization retirement plans
- 403(b) Plan — A flexible plan that offers tax deferral for employees of non-profit organizations and public educational institutions. A simple and convenient way to save for retirement while reducing current taxes.
Withdrawals are subject to income tax, and those made before age 59½ may be subject to an additional 10% tax.