Information for plan participants:
Information for plan sponsors:
- Investment diversification tailored for retirement: Explore our strategies
- Optimizing the glide path for a smoother landing in retirement (PDF)
- Why stable value funds can benefit from the strategic use of guaranteed investment contracts (GICS) (PDF)
The glide path less traveled
More equities for early-career investors and more bonds near retirement are distinctive features of Putnam's target-date funds. Our new white paper explains how this approach is designed for more consistent outcomes for people saving for retirement.
In designing an optimal glide path for a target date fund, it is critical to focus on portfolio size, investor time horizon, and volatility.
MORE PERSPECTIVES POSTS
- Putting savers at the center of retirement plans
- Key risks to consider in glide path design
- The broader meaning of a better earnings harvest
Under tax reform, reduced marginal tax rates are lowering the cost of a Roth conversion, but the ability to reverse the move is eliminated.
MORE WEALTH MANAGEMENT POSTS
- Next steps when the first college bill is due
- Consider these strategies before interest rates climb higher
- Number of taxpayers owing AMT to decline under tax law
These podcasts offer interesting, fun, and thoughtful ways to examine and discuss financial and investing themes.
MORE ADVISOR TECH TIPS POSTS
- Enhance client conversations with FRED
- Five key findings from Putnam’s Social Advisor Survey
- Five ways to get more engagement on your LinkedIn posts