Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q1 2019 | Capital Markets Outlook
- The Producer Price index for final demand declined 0.2% in December, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Both import and export prices fell in December, the Bureau of Labor Statistics noted.
- Initial jobless claims fell by 3,000 to 213,000 in the week ended January 12, 2019, the Labor Department reported.
- As of January 9, 2019, of the 20 S&P 500 Index companies reporting fourth-quarter earnings, 16 beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The University of Michigan’s preliminary index of consumer sentiment dropped to 90.7 in January from 98.3 in December.