Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q3 2021 | Capital Markets Outlook
We take a closer look at inflation, unfilled jobs, and semiconductor shortages.
- Housing starts jumped 6.3% in June compared with May, the Census Bureau stated.
- Existing home sales rose 1.4% in June, the National Association of Realtors reported.
- The Conference Board Leading Economic Index increased in June.
- Initial jobless claims rose by 51,000 to 419,000 in the week ended July 17, 2021, compared with the previous week, the Department of Labor reported.
- As of July 15, 2021, of the 41 S&P 500 Index companies reporting second-quarter earnings, 35 beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The European Commission’s Flash Consumer Confidence Indicator edged down in June.