Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q4 2020 | Capital Markets Outlook
The recovery has continued, but it could flatten out in the absence of more policy support.
- Import prices declined 0.1% and export prices increased 0.2% in October, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Retail sales grew 0.3% in October compared with September, the Census Bureau stated in an advance estimate.
- Industrial production rose 1.1% in October, the Federal Reserve reported.
- The Conference Board Leading Economic Index increased in October.
- Initial jobless claims reached 742,000 in the week ended November 14, 2020, according to the Labor Department.
- As of November 12, 2020, of the 463 S&P 500 Index companies reporting third-quarter earnings, 386 beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index rose 1.8 points to 49.8, reaching the highest level since April.