Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q2 2020 | Capital Markets Outlook
We are looking for progress in public health and credit market indicators as policy responds to the economic shock surrounding the pandemic and efforts to contain it.
- Pending home sales surged 44.3% in May, the National Association of Realtors reported.
- The Markit U.S. Manufacturing PMI rose to 49.8 in June from 39.8 in May.
- The trade deficit widened in May, the Census Bureau noted.
- The U.S. added 4.8 million jobs and the unemployment rate fell to 11.1% in June from 13.3% in May, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Initial jobless claims reached 1,427,000 in the week ended June 27, 2020, the Department of Labor reported.
- As of June 30, 2020, of the 14 S&P 500 Index companies reporting second-quarter earnings, 12 beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The European Commission reported that the Economic Sentiment Indicator for the euro area recovered in June.